Sunday, January 08, 2006

what the rain washes clean

What an annoying rain, gutless to turn to a storm,
but nasty enough to continue
I'm sitting here inside without the tiniest bit of
motivation to keep things going
I feel like trashing all, burn everything to ground
and start all over again
I feel like going to sleep and not waking up for an eternity
Too freaked out to face the true nature of my dreams
Too bold to just forget everything and go on as normal
Liquid fire in my veins, screaming flames under my skin
Tormented by the ghosts of the past,
ghosts of alternative futures...

Where are my evil seagulls, filling the horizon
with their never-ending calls?
Where are my messages in bottles,
sinking and rising beneath the ocean waves?
And what can I do about the temptation
caused by the alluring thickness of your lips?
What a set mind, oh almighty Lord of Passion,
is there no way to escape your wrath?
What a disturbing thought that we are
not brought any further by so long an evolution!

With a huge pointy hat on my head,
I am desperately looking for a perfect mixture,
Stirring the pot with such a force,
adding some carefully placed lies and teardrops
Spinning my web further and further,
losing track of the flies I forgot struggling around
Becoming one of them in my own mess of a head in the end...
I'm pretty much fucked up, you can tell, longing for a change
Everything ends up boring me to death,
every promising wing turns into an iron bar
Reinforcing my prison, stealing my breath
I have to dig deeper, I have to go further, I have to persist
Till I can get even with my dreams,
and finally have some peace of mind
And only then the rain will be truly over, for once and for all...

January 7, 2006

2 comments:

javier said...

Hello,I read your poetry and I find it beautiful in romantic way, like spanish poet Becquer.Sometimes I feel love in the same that you describe but love it's fun too not only suffering.
Nice work,I'm continue reading next poems.

Karhe said...

This one is probably one of the most sincere things I wrote, ever... I hope I'm not being too obvious.