Sunday, January 08, 2006

Longing for Illusions

My confusion grows with time
I'm neither healed nor calmed down
Thunderbolts and hurricanes in my head
I don't know what I should do next

It must be something about your smile
Or the perfect shape of your lips, perhaps
And the distances and loneliness
It all adds up, you know

I'm feeling miserable, yet kind of excited
Holding on a dream like there's no tomorrow
Always in a hurry, yet doing almost nothing
Mostly trying to escape from my own thoughts

You know I can stand still for hours thinking
About every single vein visible under your skin
I can go on trying to make you laugh, for ages
I'm even capable of writing infinite lines
Always insufficient to describe the beauty of yours

But what makes me so frustrated, my dearest
That not even one of the countless things I'm capable
Are any good against your "out-of-reach"ness...
December 10, 2005

No comments: