Friday, January 27, 2006

a brief encounter

Little words, like little butterflies
like the morning breeze, soft and gentle
Little words, trying to reach you
trying to make you think of me
Little words, meaning nothing
so little that remain unnoticed
It was all just a little dream,
with little words I want to rebuild.

Little words, coming together
making lines, one after the other
Little words trying to say big things
trying in vain, managing nothing
So little, so easy to forget
so brave, but still afraid
It was all just a little runaway,
not reaching too far from your lips.

Little little words that I want to write
just once and not anymore
Little little poem, at the edge of nonsense
Life goes on as nothing has happened
your eyes still so blue...
I remember you as you hold the glass of wine
talking about the past
Maybe one day you'll tell that night to another
with the same little words as mine...
February 8, 2004

1 comment:

javier said...

Beautiful litlle words, I feel move with this poem.I like specially the last two verses sometimes, I experienced this.
I'm waiting for your next poem, see you.