Sunday, January 08, 2006

obsessed and confused

- Obsessed with beauty and confused by its side effects -

What does a poem mean?
but some hidden wishes and confessions
It's a message in a bottle, thrown to the ocean
It's a letter in the sand, afraid of the smallest wind
It's nonsense, illogical, worthless...
nevertheless...only sometimes...it works

Looking at you, so close, still very far
seeing patterns formed by the veins of your arms
dreaming impossible dreams
as I used to do, many changes ago
Your face carries me to the past
to a half-forgotten silhouette
dishonored by today’s reflections...

Was I comparing your beauty to a drop of tear's?
Did I mention that you were as attractive as a shiny blade
on the newly smitten knife?

- Don't get me wrong, it's neither out of love nor affection
Not even attempting a request, no, I wouldn't dare to
I'm just pointing to a well-known fact so far
Let this be it and go on with our lives, my dear
And accept my humble apologies for intruding your intimacy
Making you wonder what this is all about
I suspect I did (or will) even cause some disappointments
Twisting your so well-proved formulae about life, universe and everything -

Was I talking about your grace there and everywhere?
Did I already make up some tailored stories to underline your sparkle?
I'm afraid I was.I'm afraid I did.

- The End -
October 30, 2005

No comments: