Sunday, January 08, 2006

prayer before sleep

he said I was evil
"yes" I said, "and you are lucky"
but that was some time ago
I warned him, you know
trying to explain the rules
that's the nature of the game
it's a wicked one, but who cares
seeking pleasure like in babylon
playing with poisonous snakes
who can blame me, if he gets bitten

he was happy that I was evil
but such things are easy to change
you never know with men
better always on the guard than a broken heart
sometimes I feel manipulated
blessed with a playful joker instead of soul
infested with too many ancient instincts
too many ancient gods
trying to be heard, using my voice

still asking for a meaning, aren't you?
there is none but one
and you won't be happy to find it
"reproduce!" said the voice and left us all alone
or was I daydreaming again
isn't that such a rare jewel
the eyes you're used to carry around?
i mean nothing, these are just words
coming to me, when I'm alone at dark
that's why I don't like
you to be far away at night...
(mistress of broken toys)
September 09, 2005

No comments: