Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hell is other people


I can't find the right song to echo the one in my head
I can't say the right words to make you understand
Maybe all I want is for people to go away
There's nobody here like me, I just don't belong with them

Old fears, old habits, trying to creep back in
Getting older is feeling lonely again
All your best intentions do me no good
Trapped in my own world I just can't get out

I had my books filled with stories of success
tales of heroes, tales of courage and how one should take charge
Now all they say is that life is unfair
"Nothing is your fault, it's just the way things are"
That's a load of bullcrap, that's what I believe
There is nothing else about life than what you've made out of it.

Stop judging me, no I'm not a genius
I'm not retarded either, or antisocial
Nobody is 'normal' and I am certainly not
I just won't laugh at your jokes and you won't get mine.

No comments: