Thursday, November 16, 2017

Prophecy

Little one,
I don't see you as a part of me
Even though I am growing you
Like a spare kidney
Inside of me.
You're already your own person
As you are always meant to be.

Little one,
I don't know what you will look like
I just know that you will be lovely
And loved, more than you can imagine
And for a very long while
Way past the times
that this kind of love
is everything you need.

Little one,
You'll soon be lying in your tiny crib
Looking at us with curious eyes,
As one day too soon you'll be
Lying on the fresh cut grass
Looking at the stars with unseeing eyes
Lost in your own thoughts.
Or, maybe, standing over another tiny crib
Looking at your own little one.

Little one,
For now you're mine and only mine,
But soon I will watch, in wonder,
many others stake their own claims
as you grow slowly away from me.
Always hoping that you keep
a part of me, in your heart
like a good luck charm
not to show you the way back home
but to help you to make one of your own.



No comments: