Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Goodbyes

Nobody likes goodbyes. 
so when words inevitably turn to ash in my mouth 
I will breathe them out as inconsequential platitudes. 
After all, mourning is for wimps 
and possibly for people who can't collect friendships like butterflies.

Nobody likes goodbyes.
Yet here I am, saying the same goodbye over and over again.
The cookie cutter shape of the creeping hurt and loneliness
branding my all too fragile psyche once more
making me wonder why do I bother with meeting new people at all.

Nobody likes goodbyes
For once, I would like a proper one though.
For once, I would like to cut a tie so severely
that it would cauterize the wound in the process
and I'd stay committed to never caring for you again.

Nobody likes goodbyes
nice to never see you again, what's-his-name
you never mattered anyway
maybe if I pretend hard enough
I may even fool myself.

No comments: