Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Extortion

I only want one letter from your name
as a keepsake, surely you understand.
Why won't you just give me half of your smile?
I'd even take one that was meant for someone else.
How about a lock of your hair then
that has not been touched by anyone yet?
It is only fair that you let me take
the color of your eyes, when we say goodbye.
I am not greedy you see
I'll leave you alone for just one collarbone.
Who will appreciate anyway
how it almost breaks your skin
when you turn your head around
once I'm gone?
What about you let me take the lines
drawn by the veins on your arm?
I can build a whole cage from them
and hide in it, so you wouldn't see me again.
I'd happily disappear into the abyss
Hell, I'd even take with me all the memories
wouldn't that be worth just one last kiss?

No comments: