Wednesday, April 22, 2015

The subtlety of spring

Waiting for a sign, waiting for a smile
waiting for the bus to arrive.
I hope that he is not
waiting for me to make up my mind.

His whole face lights up when he smiles
It's hard to not to take it personally
As the once frozen river gets antsy
Under the warmth of the sun
My imagination starts running free.

Waiting for a sign, waiting for an opening
waiting long enough
not to look like a fool again.

I don't know the shape of his lips,
His eyes are always distracting me.
His eyes are always distracting me
from listening to what he is really saying.

Waiting for a sign, waiting for something to happen.
Waiting for a smile directed only to me.
Waiting and feeling both bright pink excited
and deeply blue at the same time.

The ebb and flow of the daily life
This is one way to not to get bored at work
Another one is writing a poem instead...

No comments: